Chapman Eastway has always respected the right of its clients to privacy. Client’s privacy will be maintained to ensure we protect the trust they place in us as their accountants and advisers.
- Chapman Eastway is bound by the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles (NNPs)
- Please note that if at any time Chapman Eastway is required by law to release information about client’s or their organisation, Chapman Eastway must cooperate fully
What Sort of Information Does Chapman Eastway Collect?
Chapman Eastway collects information about clients in a number of different ways, for example:
- Chapman Eastway collects information when client’s engage the Firm so that Chapman Eastway may provide our clients with accounting / tax / business advice and other primary purpose services
- Directly from clients, when they provide information by telephone or in documents
- When clients send Chapman Eastway an e-mail, we may collect their e-mail address and other information contained in the e-mail message and attached file(s)
- From third parties such as banks or financial providers where clients have requested our assistance
- If clients visit our website to read or download information, our web server will record their server address, domain name, date and time of the visit to our site, pages viewed and the information downloaded. This information is used solely for statistical and web site development purposes
Should the client decide to submit information to us using any of our online forms (for example, our feedback or recruitment pages) we will request that the client detail all or some of the following personal information: name, e-mail address, address, telephone number(s), company and information specific to their request.
Some of the ways in which we use the client information provided to us via our website include:
- If the client submits a request to subscribe, we will add the client details to the particular subscription list
- If the client submits feedback, we will forward the client submission to our web development team, or the appropriate Team Member pertaining to the submission
- If a potential employee submits a recruitment application, we will forward their details to the contact person shown on the recruitment application form
- The information may also potentially be used to inform the enquirer of any forthcoming Chapman Eastway events that might be of interest to them
Our web site may also make use of “Cookies” (small text files placed on the client’s computer when they first visit the site). Cookies primarily enhance the users online experience and are not used to track the navigational habits of identified visitors, unless we obtain the users permission to do so. Most browsers now have the capability to allow users to accept or reject the placement of a Cookie on their computer. If the user is not sure if they have this facility, they should check with their software manufacturer or internet service provider.
If at any time the client wishes to unsubscribe from any subscription list, they should contact the Privacy Officer using the details mentioned below.
What Happens if the Client Does Not Provide the Information?
We require certain information from our clients to enable us to provide them with the service(s) for which they engaged us. Only necessary information will be sought.
Why Does Chapman Eastway Collect the Information and how is Client Information Used by Chapman Eastway?
Chapman Eastway collects information to provide our clients with a specific service(s). For example, we may use information clients provide us to complete their annual tax return or provide specific business advice.
Chapman Eastway also uses information to send them information (either by e-mail or post) that they request. If at any time they receive material that they did not request, or do not want to receive such material any more, they are required to notify the Privacy Officer at the address below.
Chapman Eastway will also forward notices, advices, payment requests etc. that are related to the primary or secondary purpose for retaining client information. For example, notices of tax instalments due to the Australian Taxation Office.
Chapman Eastway may use the information clients provide us with to allow clients to access sections of our website that are intended to provide information that may be of interest to them.
Who Does Chapman Eastway Disclose Personal Information To?
Chapman Eastway will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from clients unless they consent.
Chapman Eastway will not disclose any personal information to other third parties without client consent, expressed verbally or written. For example, provide personal information to client financial lender(s), or in the case of a litigation matter to their legal adviser(s).
How Will Chapman Eastway Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
Chapman Eastway has in place security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control.
These security measures include:
- Chapman Eastway’s computer system is protected with state-of-the-art ‘firewalls’ against unauthorised access. All back-ups are secured on-site and under security off-site. All Team Members have individual password access to their computers which change monthly and cannot be shared
- All Chapman Eastway Team Members are bound by confidentiality clauses in their employment agreements
- Third element
- Entry to Chapman Eastway’s office may only be obtained via security doors accessed with an access card
- Video surveillance cameras are operational 24 hours per day, Monday to Friday in the public areas of the office and staff canteen
- Chapman Eastway provides for the secure destruction of documents
Access To, Correcting & Updating Client Information
Chapman Eastway gives clients the following options for accessing and modifying information previously provided:
- Clients may gain access to information that Chapman Eastway has collected about them, by contacting the person named below. We will not charge clients for responding to such a request, unless we incur costs in providing the information
- If clients believe that any information that we hold about them is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will review and correct the relevant information
The Managing Partner
GPO Box 979
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Tel: +61 2 9262 4933
Fax: +61 2 9262 1619